Here’s what we know so far.
- This Google algorithm change has been in the makings for several months, having been announced of its coming by Matt Cutts earlier this year.
- The Panda update prevents sites with poor quality content from working their way into the top results.
- It is rewarding sites that have high quality, fresh and engaging content.
- Matt Cutts says, “Think of Panda 4 as a new architecture. It brings in some of the softer side, but also lays the groundwork for future iteration.”
According to Netsyss, a well-known SEO firm loacated in Sydney, the following are area’s that a website needs, to improve with Panda 4.0:
- Content on the website must be original and not duplicate
- There should be no spamming on the website
- Content on the website must be of high quality.
- Articles or blogs on the website should be of at-least 600 words and feature images & videos wherever applicable.
- All the web pages should have ‘unique’ title tags & meta descriptions. Duplicate title tags & meta descriptions should be rewritten.
We are still learning more of what Panda 4.0 is and what we need to do to continue in it’s good graces.
Bottom line: Continue adding good relevant content to all pages of your website. Remove duplicate content, and/or use canonical’s to point to your site’s valued pages of content.